This post is sponsored by Target.
If you Google search "holiday makeup," you'll find that the beauty equations can be pretty redundant. The same looks have been done so many times! I wanted to achieve a gorgeous green-and-gold look that could be rocked on any skin tone at your next holiday party. Last weekend, I stopped by my local Target Beauty Concierge to get her picks for a beautiful, vibrant holiday green, and she recommended one of her favorites to me -- the L'Oréal Paris Infallible 24-hour eye shadow in Golden Emerald. The name describes it perfectly: a pigmented emerald with tiny flicks of gold glitter.
Personally, makeup is the easiest to achieve. The most difficult task is figuring out what I'm going to do with my natural hair! I've done everything from twist-outs to perm rod sets to weave/wigs, but I wanted to achieve one everyday, style-and-go look and a more embellished look.
Style Option 1: Plain + Curly (Twist-out)
Twist-outs are my go-to style, but the products you use and your technique determine the results. I styled the perfect, soft twist-out by using the Miss Jessie's Curly Buttercreme, a moisturizing styler, which is ideal for two-strand twists. It's a bit pricey, but so worth it. I promise!
- Part a small section (the larger the section, the larger the curls)
- Gently brush with a detangling brush or comb.
- Distribute the Curly Buttercreme from the roots to the ends of the hair.
- Separate into two smaller sections.
- Twist! Then repeat on the rest of the hair.
Style Option 2: Curly Side-Do + Statement Band
Toss your twist-out to the side and add some personality! I loved securing my hair with the Remington Just Stay bobby pins because they are matte and blend with textured African-American natural hair very well! There was no shininess at all. With a little bit of Curls edge control to keep my fly-aways down, I was able to sport a cute 1920s-style flapper headband from my collection (not from Target).
- Toss hair to desired side of head.
- Pin with Remington Just Stay bobby pins to secure.
- Keep fly-aways down by applying Curls Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Paste to edges.
- Add headband or clip of choice to add personality to the look!
L'Oréal Paris Infallible 24-hour eye shadow (in Golden Emerald) // Wet n Wild Icon glitter single eyeshadow (in Gold) // e.l.f. Expert Liquid Liner (in Black) // Miss Jessie's Curly Buttercreme 16oz (or 8oz)// Curls Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Paste // Remington Just Stay Bobby Pins