I've posted quite a few MOTD looks since finals week as I take somewhat of a break from blogging to prepare for 2015. I did this one the other day because I'm always doing smokey eye looks and wanted to do something a bit brighter with a pop of color. Louder, Please x MAC (discontinued) was definitely the color I wanted to work around. On most people it looks like a bold vivid pink, but on me it's more of a red so it's perfect with other "sunset" colors as I call them! I'm also switched out my empty MAC Penultimate liquid liner with the Kat Von D Ink Liner and I'm pretty sure I love it!
How to get this look:
- Used a golden-yellow (I used my 'Take Me To Brazil' BH Cosmetics palette) as the base.
- Apply Louder, Please x MAC (or another red/deep pink shadow) as your outer shadow.
- Achieve a smooth transition between the two shadows by adding a deep purple to the crease (build for more of a smokey look)
- For the inner corner, add a hint of Bootycall x Urban Decay (Naked 2 palette) to make the your eyes "pop".
- To make the golden-yellow base stand out a bit more and add texture, layer with Comex Copper Magnificent Metals Foil Finish shadow x Stila. You can also use a gold glitter shadow.
- Line your lash line with Kat Von D's Ink Liner -- a bold black liner will give the perfect contrast.
- Add volume to your eyelashes with mascara or faux lashes (I use Dior Addict It-Lash on my natural lashes).
Eyebrows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz + Dip Brow in Brunette