If you've ever wondered where those exotic locations from movies such as Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones have been filmed, then look no further! On a trip to Kauai, I learned that you will find some of the most memorable spots from films on several tours whether you're hovering above in a helicopter or zooming through the forests on an ATV.
One of my excursions on my trip was an ATV tour on Kipu Ranch, which was definitely a new experience for me. Typically, groups sign up for tours like these, so since I was traveling alone I opted to ride with a guide for two reasons.
1) Because I'm not used to driving on such terrain or in an ATV and I'll admit I was a little scared! While the guides do safety checks and brief trainings before and along the way, I personally thought this would be best for me.
2) I wanted to be able to get all of the photos and video footage I needed to share with you all, of course!
Overall, the Ultimate Ranch Tour offered on Kipu Ranch is a 3-hour tour, so here are a few tips to help you prepare:
- Bring sunscreen to reapply throughout the tour! The most shade you'll probably get is in the ATV and under the lush, shady trees.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes that you don't mind getting dirty. This is not the time to dress up!
- Don't worry about makeup! I know it can be tempting to look cute for Instagram, but prior to the tour, you'll be given goggles to wear which will definitely come in handy as you embark on the route. Plus, makeup will likely sweat or be wiped away. I actually don't think I even wore very much makeup during my entire trip!
- Pack a camera to get photos. There are tons of stops, so you will have plenty of opportunities to snap away. They don't need to be fancy -- iPhone cameras are great, too! Just make sure you do not drop them while you're in the ATV.
- Have fun, of course!
This tour honestly wasn't anything I ever would have chosen for myself and I'm SO glad that I was able to step out of my comfort zone and try something new. I mean, who wants to do the same old boring things on such a beautiful trip to a Hawaiian island? Not I!
Disclaimer: This trip was sponsored by the Kauai Visitor's Bureau, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.