Review | I Wanted to Love Glossier Solution Exfoliating Skin Perfecter, But...
Let me start by saying that I absolutely adore Glossier. Several of their formulas have become favorites of mine over the years and I have even shared some of them on my platform. This blog post is in no way meant to "shade" Glossier or anything like that...but to share my experience with the Solution Exfoliating Skin Perfecter that everyone has been raving about lately.
A few months ago, I received Glossier's Solution to try out before its launch. I was so stoked because of the gorgeous millennial pink packaging and the fact that this was supposed to be the "solution" to my skin problems, hence the name. I started using the formula as soon as I received it and this is how the months broke down:
- In mid-December, I received the product and incorporated it into my Glossier routine consisting of the Milky Jelly Cleanser and Moisturizing Primer Rich. For SPF, I used my Alchemie moisturizer. I noticed a burning sensation in certain areas of my face, but didn't think much of it. It was a little more powerful than the usual light tingling I experience when getting a facial at the spa.
- In January, I proceed to use Solution almost daily; however, the sensation was not the most pleasant and I began to use it less and less. The burning was more noticeable on some days than others. During this time, I switched back to one of my favorite toners -- Fresh Beauty's Rose Deep Hydration Facial Toner -- and my skin was perfectly fine.
- February was pretty similar. I used Solution on and off due to my reactions. However, my skin seemed to react worse than before with increased burning and prominent bumps that seemed to be from irritation. I would have taken photos to show for blogging purposes, but I was too busy curled up in bed wishing I'd made another decision for toner half of the time.
So here I am at the beginning of March and I've finally decided to give Solution a rest. I gave it a try and wanted to love it so bad (that I gave it 3 whole months), but my skin has officially tapped out.
If anything, here's what I want you to take away from this post:
- My personal experience does not deem Glossier Solution a terrible product. Everyone's skin is very different! It could work for you or it could not work for you...and that's okay. Nowadays with everyone so dependent on the opinions of bloggers, I think it has taken away from many figuring out and deciding what works for themselves. Try it and be sure to read more reviews in addition to mine. Do your own research, too!
- Always read the ingredients! In my case, I'm not (and wasn't) aware of any chemical ingredients I may be allergic to. However, I do have friends who have stayed away from the product because they know that they are allergic to salicylic acid. Pay attention to those things.
- If you're not sure and you have access to a dermatologist, speak to them first before trying new products -- especially if you have other serious clinical strength products that you're already using.
- If you're experiencing burning or irritation when using a product, halt use immediately (then see 3). Do not try to tough it out like I did and take it like a G!
- I love Glossier products overall and I'm a rep for the brand! Visit my page here to shop my must-haves and to receive 20% off your first purchase.