I partnered with my friends at Megan Media and Tropicana for this post. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. #MixedWithTrop
Last month, I attended an extravagant holiday party for Cointreau in Dallas. It was so beautifully decorated and there was inspiration in every single decor detail. I've wanted to craft my own cocktail for a few weeks and I was able to create the perfect mix right at home with Tropicana Tangerine Lemonade. Before my creative juices (pun totally intended) started flowing, I decided to give it a taste to decide on the flavors I wanted to incorporate. In my opinion, Tropicana Premium Drinks are flavorful on their own, but even tastier when used as a cocktail mixer! This delicious twist on lemonade is an excellent at-home mixology option minus the artificial sweeteners and flavors. It is also available in Watermelon.
Inspired by festive fall holiday parties, my goal was to deliver a herbal and spiced twist that can be sipped at any time of year whether you're at Thanksgiving dinner or at home for a relaxing Girls' Night or spa day. The Cointreau brings out the citrus of the Tropicana Tangerine Lemonade. I added grenadine syrup for an additional pomegranate flavor and aromatic bitters for a botanical blend.
- 4 parts Tropicana Tangerine Lemonade
- 1 part Cointreau
- 3 dashes of Angostura aromatic bitters
- 1 dash of Rose's grenadine
- Canada Dry Tonic Water (fill 1/4 of glass)
- Rosemary sprigs
- Fresh orange slices
- In order, add all measured cocktail ingredients to a mixer in the order listed
- If you're using a powered mixer, mix for about 10 seconds (I used my Cellucor Vortex portable mixer)
- Fill 1/4 of each glass with tonic water
- Pour or strain the mix into stemless wine glasses for you and your friends and lightly stir. Do not pour to the rim to leave room for garnishing.
- Garnish your glass with rosemary sprigs for extra herbal flavor and orange slices
We partnered with our friends at Megan Media and Tropicana for this post. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.