Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse in Uptown
Last Friday, I had the opportunity to dine with 4 friends at the new Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse location in Uptown Dallas. I'd been to Texas de Brazil when I was a teenager, but that was a long time ago. However, I did remember that this experience would entail lots of meat-eating...and I couldn't wait. I actually didn't eat very much during the day because I wanted to be super hungry by the time dinner rolled around.
The Market Table
First, our server brought us a few small bowls of the Pão de Queijo which were warm, soft cheesy bread rolls. No one could stop munching on them throughout the evening! We started with the Market Table which is great for non-meat eaters. This pretty much includes everything you need in order to make a salad and more. There are some meats in this area, but nothing heavy compared to what the servers would be bringing around for the main churrascaria.
The cocktails were delicious and pretty strong! Most of us settled on the Superfruit Lemonade described as VeeV Açai Spirit, Grand Marnier with muddled fresh strawberry, blueberry, lemon in a tall glass over ice. Jamisha of ItMustBeJam had the Caramelized Pineapple Old Fashioned described from the menu as Bulleit Rye Whiskey, muddled caramelized pineapple, orange, Luxardo cherry, served over ice.
Cocktail descriptions from Fogo de Chão's website.
The Main Churrascaria
How It Works
- There is a little round card at each place setting that begins on its red side which tells the servers that you do not want any meat served at that time; when it is flipped to green, they will keep the options coming, so brace yourself and be ready to eat!
- There are a pair of personal tongs at each seat to receive the meat from the server. Sometimes they will place it on your plate for you, but sometimes they may need your assistance.
- Keep in mind that even if your card is on green, you can still decline any meats you do not want and they will tell you the type of meat when they arrive.
- For those who like their meat cooked a certain way (personally, I like well-done), all you have to do is tell your server and they will get it for you.
- You are also able to request meats. For instance, if you're a sausage lover...you may request it to be served.
This part was so much fun! With our cards flipped to green, we were ready for them to bring it on. The servers were all very nice and had great personalities that made us all feel welcome. They also brought a small plate of four sauces that we could pair with the meats and the caramelized plantains (SO DELICIOUS), more pão de queijo (cheesy rolls), and garlic mashed potatoes for the table. We even had jumbo shrimp cocktail served with malagueta cocktail sauce. I didn't have any shrimp since I can sometimes breakout from allergies, but everyone told me it was really good!
Overall, our experience at Fogo de Chão was fantastic and everyone enjoyed themselves. I'd certainly recommend it especially if you like buffets, but not those nasty ones where people breathe and hover all over the food as it sits under a light for hours. Fresh food only, here. You really get what you pay for at Fogo and you'll be pleased with the service! I think it's perfect for family dinners, special occasions, date night, or just dining with friends. You will probably catch me here again for the happy hour menu and another cocktail soon.